Tuesday 10 July 2012

Tie-in Tuesday: Meeting J. T. Colgan

So, earlier this evening I stopped by the Forbidden Planet Megastore in Central London (a favourite haunt of mine) to meet J. T. Colgan (a.k.a. Jenny Colgan) who had come over from France (with children in tow, vomiting toddler and all) to sign copies of her brand new Doctor Who hardback novel Dark Horizons.

We chatted briefly about what it was like to write for the Eleventh and discussed the relative merits, or otherwise, of the Ninth. As well as having written for Doctor Who, something else I discovered that Jenny and I have in common is that we both have seven year-olds who are fans of the show - but then what seven year-old boy isn't?

I also got to meet Ed Griffiths, from Ebury's publicity department, and having had my photo taken with Jenny (Thanks, Ed) it was time to head upstairs for one last quick scoot round before closing time.

JG and JC with DW at FP

That's a lot of books to sign!

As I was heading back to the Tube in the rain, fellow steampunk author Lavie Tidhar buzzed me, so I end up going for a pint (or two...) at the Phoenix Club, which is always the best way to end a literary evening in London. And I look forward to the next one.

No comments: