Wednesday 15 August 2012

Warhammer Wednesday: Herald of Oblivion reviews

Herald of Oblivion has been out for over a month now and the reviews have started to come in. So here's what people have been saying about my first Warhammer 40,000 Path to Victory gamebook:

I'll say this about Herald of Oblivion, it's the first of the books I've played more than once and the only one I'm even considering playing again. It seems like a pleasing puzzle – what order to find the rest of the space marines, where to look for useful equipment. The writing is also the best of the three books in the series. The locations and action are evocative... In retrospect is feels a bit like throwing various 40k enemies into one setting, but that's what space hulks are all about so I wasn't expecting anything else...


I really like the premise - playing as a Terminator hunting aliens on a space hulk, so I was very interested in trying out this book. I did read/ play these books when I was a kid, and I enjoyed it back then, so this is kind of nostalgia for me... the passages are exciting and you get sucked into there and want to know what happens next...


The writing is detailed and crisp without being verbose, and considering the amount of text and bouncing around, it's a real skill...


If you've not picked up Herald of Oblivion yet, you can do so here.

No comments: