Friday 28 February 2014

Gamebook Friday: YOU ARE THE HERO

It's the end of February, and YOU ARE THE HERO - my history of Fighting Fantasy gamebooks - pushes ever closer to publication. What I hope will prove to be the final version of the text (proof-readers' comments aside) is now done and comes in at just over 97,000 words. That's quite an epic I think you'll agree.

207 pages of manuscript checked, and about 5,000 words added!

Next job is the collation of images, so that the proof-read manuscript and associated art can then be forwarded to the person who will be doing the layout. Once that's done (and the layout has been proofed), it'll be off to the printers... I can't wait!

1 comment:

james Hirons said...

At what was only going to be one third of that size in words, you have worked incredibly hard not only writing but also tracing Fighting Fantasy contributors fromall over the world. I can't wait to receive my copy and message you the words , your adventure ends here lol. If only I knew then what I know now my pledge would have been larger, but at least my name will be nearer the top in the acknowledgements lol. Thanks for taking me and all other backers on this journey and giving us the chance to be part ofthis slice of the best gamebook series ever. James H ;-)