Monday 25 May 2015

SHARKPUNK at MCM ComicCon

Just to report that I had a great weekend at the MCM ComicCon, introducing SHARKPUNK to the world at large. What was even better was how many people came by my stand specifically to pick up a copy.

SHARKPUNK at the MCM ComicCon.

Richard has some amazingly cool plans for his copy of SHARKPUNK . Watch this space...

 Real marine biologists getting very excited about SHARKPUNK.

Although at times it felt like we were in the Author Exclusion Zone rather than at the end of the Comic Village, Miss Emily Ladybird, Kit Cox, Robert Rankin and Rachel Rankin-Hayward are always good company.

Highlights of the weekend included meeting Sean Kelly from Storage Hunters, a very persistent Japanese gentleman who wanted to buy Archimedes the Steampunk Parrot (who's not for sale, by the way), meeting the screenwriter Hayley Nolan, somebody mishearing and thinking I was going to write a medieval gamebook version of Airwolf(?), playing the LEGO Jurassic Park demo on the PS4, seeing both the Batmobile from Arkham Knight and Mad Max's car, as well as catching up with the usual suspects (i.e. Herr Doktor, the Spindles Clan, et al).





Exchange of the Weekend
JG (on introducing my First Born in his cosplay get up): "He's ready for the Zombie Apocalypse."
Kit Cox: "I'm not sure the Zombie Apocalypse is ready for him."

It was also interesting how many people asked when my next Pax Britannia novel/the next Fighting Fantasy Fest would be happening. (Delete as applicable.)*

YOU ARE THE HERO also attracted a fair bit of attention, and my best-seller was my most recent FF gamebook Night of the Necromancer. If you're still to pick up a copy, remember that next weekend I'll be at the UK Games Expo at the NEC Hilton Metropole just outside Birmingham.

Maybe I'll see you there...


*It was also cool to be able to start to let people know about Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland.

No comments: